NBG Bank Issue Credit Cards pursuant to the following terms and conditions and such card shall remain at all time the property of the Bank.
1. The following terms wherever used in this agreement shall have the following meaning:
Bank: shall mean NBG Bank S.A. in Egypt, a branch of NBG Bank Greece, located at 32 Harun Street – Dokki - Cairo, Egypt and its affiliates/subsidiaries in Egypt.
The Original Card: shall mean the credit card issued by the Bank to the holder of the original card.
Original Card Holder: shall mean the person to whom the Bank has issued the original card and opened in his/her name the card account. Such person shall be legally liable for all amounts due / accrued resulted from using his/her original card and his supplementary cards if there is any.
Supplementary card: shall mean the card that is issued at the request of the original cardholder to a person designated by him. All amounts dues/accruals arising from such supplementary cards shall be automatically chargeable to the account of the original cardholder.
Supplementary cardholder: shall mean the person to whom the Bank has issued such supplementary card upon the request of the original cardholder.
Card Account: shall mean the opened account or the record maintained at the Bank in the name of the original cardholder wherein the following entries are recorded: goods purchased, services, cash withdrawal, insurance, charges, installment plan, fees, and any other expenses or damages that result from the use of the card or its number in any manner whatsoever.
Credit limit: shall mean the maximum determined amount by the Bank from time to time for the ceiling allocated to the card account for both the original card and supplementary card jointly at any time. A portion of the credit limit shall be earmarked and named as “ cash withdrawal limit ” which will be subject to withdrawal. The Bank may change at any time the credit limit or the cash withdrawal limit and notify accordingly the cardholder.
The Issuing Institution: VISA International.
Merchant: shall mean the shop, company, bank, or establishment which accepts the card for payment/settlement of the value of goods, services, or cash withdrawals.
The Receiving Bank: shall mean the bank with whom the merchant enters into a contract and deal with it in settlement of the credit card transactions.
The Issuing Bank: shall mean the Bank that issues a credit card to its holder.
NBG Phone: shall mean customer service rendered by the Bank via the use of telephone
2. The Bank shall be entitled to request collateral/security for it to issue the credit card. The Bank shall retain/withhold such collateral/security until the card and supplementary cards have been canceled and all accrued amounts paid.
3. Cardholder shall write his effective signature on the back of the credit card immediately upon his receipt thereof and shall adhere upon the use of the card to its specified credit limit and the terms and conditions herein under.
4. The card and the supplementary cards issued by the Bank shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
5. The cardholder may not allow any other person to use his card, and shall at all times be committed to keeping PIN safe.
6. The cardholder shall input his/her PIN with every transaction (such as the sales and cash withdrawal advices/receipts) upon using his /her card and maintain a copy thereof. However, the cardholder shall not be relieved from his obligations for payment to the Bank in the instances that (1) it is unnecessary for him to sign any of such devices/ receipts, (2) should there be available a card print or should the card be electronically registered at the ATM used by the cardholder or, (3) should the cardholder requested the merchant to supply him with the goods and services via telephone, internet, or mail and to record the value on his card account. In all aforesaid instances, the cardholder shall be committed to settle/ pay the due amounts.
7. The Bank shall not be bound to attach copies of purchased items/ sales or cash withdrawal advices/receipts with the card statement. In the instance that the cardholder has not contended or submitted a written application to rectify the card statement within thirty (30) calendar days from the card statement date, this shall mean his approval of the particulars of the statement. However, copies of purchases or cash withdrawal advices/receipts may be provided to the cardholder by virtue of a written application submitted by him and against expenses recorded to his card account.
8. The original cardholder shall notify NBG Bank in the event he has not received the monthly card statement within 15 calendar days from the statement date specified for receipt thereof. Failure to do so will relieve NBG Bank from any liability regarding any mistakes in calculating his balance.
9. Upon a dispute on the part of the cardholder, the Bank shall not be bound to credit the value of the advices/receipts subject of the dispute to the cardholder’s account unless such value has been credited to the bank account by the receiving bank or by the issuing institution.
11. The Bank shall be entitled to disapprove any transaction related to the use of the card without giving any reason.
12. The Bank shall not be held liable for cards refused by a merchant, establishment, or automatic teller machine and shall not also be responsible for the quality or condition of goods or services rendered to the cardholder by merchants, companies, automatic teller machines, or point of sale.
13. The Bank shall not be liable for any loss or misuse incurred by the cardholder should the bank fail or delay in rendering a banking service or other service as a result of any Force Major or power failure or failure to procure equipment, or other reasons uncontrollable by the bank.
14. The Bank is entitled to debit fees and other expenses on the card account. The cardholder shall be committed to pay the fees and different expenses related to his card according to the rates posted by the bank and that such fees and expenses are irretrievable.
15. Interest Calculation:
a. Should the existing debit balance fully settled (except for the cash withdrawal) to the bank before or on the payment due date, no interest will be calculated.
b. Interest will be calculated on cash withdrawal and related fees as of the withdrawal date and until the full payment thereof.
.c If the total amount due in the monthly statement is paid in full before the Payment Due Date, no interest is charged. If you chose not to pay the amount due in full, interest will be charged on the total outstanding balance deducting interest on payments made.
d. The Bank shall be entitled to change the interest calculation method after giving prior notice and the cardholder will be notified of such change by mail, SMS, or at NBG ATM screens, or bank statement.
16. All transactions shall be recorded in the Egyptian Pound on the card account. Transactions made in foreign currency shall be converted into Egyptian Pound according to the exchange rate determined by the Bank upon effecting the transaction.
18. The Bank shall send a monthly card statement to the cardholder on the most recent address available to the Bank and including the following details:
• Name of the cardholder, card number, credit limit, and date of the account statement
• Details/ Particulars of the transactions
• Total amount due, minimum amount due, and payment due date
19. The cardholder shall be deemed a defaulter in the following instances, 1) should he fail to pay on the payment due date the minimum set forth on the card statement or, 2) should he submit an application to declare his bankruptcy. However, should the cardholder be subject to any of the aforesaid instances, the Bank may cancel the card or request immediate payment of the full existing balance. The Bank shall also be entitled to assign a third party to collect fully or partially its amounts due from the original/supplementary card-holder.
20. Total debit balance including all charges and fees of the card account shall become due and payable immediately in the event of card cancellation by the customer or the bank, bankruptcy, loss of capacity, or demise (of the cardholder). In these instances, the card may not be used and must be delivered immediately to the Bank, and the existing card balance is immediately settled. In case cardmember is delinquent for more than 90 calendar days past due, the card will be canceled and the entire card outstanding balance will become payable.
21. The Bank shall have the right to retain/ withhold for a period of sixty (60) calendar days any credit balances related to the card holder’s accounts after having returned the card to the Bank or expiry thereof and shall also be entitled to settle any existing balances available in the card account by debiting such accounts.
23. The cardholder shall notify the Bank in writing of any change related to his address or any other information provided for in this application; and shall be committed for payment on the payment due date even in the instance his account statement has been subject to a postal delay. Any notification dispatched to the cardholder on the most recent address recorded by the bank shall be deemed duly served and shall come into effect.
24. The cardholder may at any time cancel his card by notifying the Bank in writing (of his intention to do so) and must return his card or any other supplementary cards attached with such notification. The cardholder will remain liable for payment of the amounts due resulted from his use of the card according to the conditions herein for up to a maximum period of sixty (60) days. The Bank may cancel, recover or discontinue renewal of the card without prior notice to or consent of the cardholder and without giving any reasons.
25. The cardholder shall immediately notify the Bank should his card be lost or stolen and follow the necessary steps: He must contact immediately NBG Phone to report the loss incident and where possible to be followed by a written confirmation signed by the cardholder indicating the aforesaid details. The cardholder will remain responsible for all amounts set forth on the sales and cash withdrawal advices/ receipts or otherwise/ other transactions effected by the card until the date/time on which the bank has received a written notification that such card has been lost. Moreover, the bank may require a copy of the police report detailing the incident The cardholder shall refrain from using the card, which he reported lost, and shall return it to the Bank in the event he finds such card.
26. The Bank shall have the right to inform any third party of the data related to the card holder’s accounts when deemed proper by the Bank and shall be entitled to issue/generate any special data related to the card holder’s accounts or records abroad.
27. The Bank shall be entitled at any time and its sole discretion to totally or partially assign, transfer and sell to a third party in any manner whatsoever any of its rights under this agreement or under any other instrument related to the card without a need to have the card holder’s consent.
28. The cardholder can give instructions related to the transfer of monies or to banking transactions pertaining to his credit card accounts via facsimile machine, telephone, telex, mail or to hand it to the Bank by a dispatcher in the case that the customer has signed on a MIFT agreement. The Bank shall be entitled to any reason whatsoever and at its sole discretion to effect or not to effect the instructions sent by any of the aforesaid methods. The Bank shall also have the right to verify the authenticity of such documents or instructions by any means the Bank deems appropriate. The cardholder agrees and confirms that these transactions are effective whether they are carried out by the original or supplementary cardholder and may not object to it by any way of objections.
29. For Insurance only: I hereby declare that I am less than sixty-four (64) years old, capable of work, not suffering from any type of total or partial disability and that I have not been suffering during the said period from any critical surgery related to cardiac or varicose or severe blood pressure or cancer or diabetes or kidney and liver failure or pneumonia.
30. The main cardholder whose age is less than 65 years at the time of signing the agreement is entitled to subscribe to the protection shield program of NBG (S.A) after his approval on the conditions of the insurance company including not to be hospitalized for the 24 months before the subscription application to the protection shield program, also this program doesn't cover the death due to the preexisting conditions for the 24 months before the subscription application
31. The Bank reserves its right to amend and change such terms and conditions from time to time and shall notify the cardholder of such amendments by mail/SMS or by appropriate methods of the bank. Use of the card following enforcing such amendments (whether or not the cardholder has received them) shall be deemed as an acceptance by the cardholder of such amendments that therefore become binding.
32. This agreement shall be subject to the Egyptian Laws and any dispute that arises out in connection with its interpretation or execution shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Giza Courts with all its degrees. Expatriates shall accept the Arabic text submitted by NBG Bank to the said courts.
33. The cardholder allows the Bank to notify him of any data/ statements deem proper by the Bank via SMS/ messages on his cellular phone, email box, or by mail to his address.
34. Upon signing the credit card application and to facilitate the decision making process by the Bank regarding this application, the applicant grants the Bank the right to collect all related and necessary information and data whether such information or data is of financial nature or otherwise, or whether has been collected from banks operating in Egypt or abroad. The applicant also permits the Bank to share the information and data obtained from any third party whether in Egypt or abroad. In the instance of disapproval of the application submitted for issuing a credit card or should the applicant decide for any reason whatsoever to discontinue the credit card process (to obtain the credit card) following his receipt of the bank’s approval letter, the applicant will have the right to recover the supporting document submitted by him in this connection within 30 calendar days from the date of his receipt of the Bank’s approval, and that after such period prescribed the Bank shall not be liable for or committed to returning such documents.
35. If the borrower fails to pay any due amounts according to this agreement, the Bank will have the right to deduct those amounts from any other accounts of the borrower at any branch of the Bank’s branches or dispose of any documents or guarantees without the customer’s prior approval.
36. The Bank has the right to terminate the agreement if the borrower is dismissed from his work, his salary is suspended or canceled, his working permit/residency permit expires or canceled, or if he is a foreigner.
37. In case the customer makes a payment on his/her credit card over the billed amount, the Bank reserves the right to reject and return the same excess amount through the appropriate means of refund and as per the Bank’s procedures.
38. NBG has the right to reject the application without disclosing any reason.
39. In case of over-limit, the full excess amount in addition to the min. payment will be due on the next statement.
40. In case of death the insurance claim to be reimbursed by the bank name.
41. In case of traveling the customer must notify the bank prior 24hours before departure time to ensure that the card remains working while traveling.
42. The main cardholder and supplementary cardholder will be fully contractually liable for the repayment of the credit card and all other supplementary cards associated with the main card account.
43. The use of the Credit Card is also subject to any other terms and conditions governing the use of other facilities or features or product enhancements, which may be made available, from time to time.
44. By signing this Application, I admit reading, understanding, and accepting all the Terms and Conditions set out in this document.